Available March 3
FFO: Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly
Chicago based Celtic punk rock Flatfoot 56 will be releasing their seventh studio album, Odd Boat, on March 3rd via Sailor's Grave Records. Flatfoot 56 be touring this spring with Boston locals Mickey Rickshaw and will perform on Flogging Molly's "Salty Dog Cruise."
This band never fails to deliver and if you're a fan of Celtic rock, that's not bad news. Odd Boat is a solid piece of work, possibly Flatfoot's best to date. Frontman Tobin Bawinkel does an excellent job on vocals and guitar while brothers Justin (drums) and Kyle (bass), along with Eric McMahon (bagpipes/guitar) add depth and experience while Brandon Good (mandolin/guitar) wraps it all up with a nice mandolin shaped bow.
It's hard to pick a favorite song off the album, but Penny (above) really sticks out. The high energy in the song perfectly articulates the energy of the album and band. If you have a chance to see them on tour (dates below) be sure to grab a ticket, PBR, and prepare for a wild time.
- March 4 - Chicago, IL - Reggies
- March 5 - Fort Wayne, IL - The Brass Rail
- March 6 - Nashville, TN - The End
- March 7 - Atlanta, GA - The Earl
- March 8 - Atlantic Beach, FL - Fly's Irish Pub
- March 9 - Miami, FL - Churchill's Pub
- March 10 - Flogging Molly's Salty Dog Cruise (w/ Flogging Molly, NOFX, Devotchka, Less than Jake, Bouncing Souls, The English Beat, CJ Ramone, The Skatalites, The Bunny Gang, Punk Rock Karaoke, Beans on Toast, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Sex Stains, Zander Schloss, The Cherry Cokes, Mickey Rickshaw, Askultura, West Lindy, Jon Gazy, The Attack, Pasadena, and the Potato Pirates.)
- March 14 - Charlotte, NC - The Milestone
- March 15 - Baltimore, MD - Otto Bar