Gin War is a four-piece punk band out of Long Beach Island, NJ and joined Man Overboard's East Coast swing of their "Farewell for Now" tour. We had the chance to talk with them before their show in Worcester last week.
- Brandon: Guitar/vox
- Mike: Bass
- Kyle: Guitar
- Jeremy: Drums
How did the band form?
- Kyle: Brandon and I used to play in a band together, once that band broke up, we started a new thing and snagged Planko
How does it feel to be on Man Overboard's farewell tour?
- Mike: We are stoked on it. We are all fans of their music and what they've done for the music scene around our area is awesome. We're glad we get to say goodbye (for now) with them.
You're also playing a farewell show with Transit, what's the reaction to it been like?
- Brandon: Pretty much the same; we're ecstatic. Transit is another band we all really like and getting to play one of their last shows is going to be surreal.
You put out and EP last November, what's the reaction to it been like?
- Kyle: The reaction has been great! All of our old friends and fans really dig it and it seems like we are picking up some new fans as well.
Are there plans for new music?
- Kyle: Definitely! We have a lot of new material written. No hard details yet, but it will likely be a full-length some time soon.
What's your writing process like?
- Mike: Kyle and Brandon piece together some skeletons of the songs and then we all get together and add different parts, and after we mess around for a bit we get the final product.
What was it like recording your music video for "Trip?"
- Brandon: I made it on my phone in the van while we were on tour.
Any plan on coming back to Mass?
- Kyle: Nothing booked at the moment, but we have a lot of good friends that live up here so we will be back sooner rather than later.
Favorite cartoon now and as a kid?
- Kyle: Spongebob
- Brandon: Doug/Rick & Morty
- Mike: Scooby Doo
- Jeremy: Ed, Edd, & Eddie
Favorite candy bar?
- Kyle: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Brandon: 100 Grand
- Mike: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Jeremy: Crunch Bar.
Favorite fast food while on tour?
- Mike: We frequent Taco Bell while on tour, but if we are down South, Cookout is the place to be.
You can listen to Gin War's EP by clicking here.