This is All Now is a pop/rock band from Long Island, NY. Consisting of Okan Kazdal (vox), Louie Mapeli (guitar), and Mike Pittelli (drums), TIAN is ready to head out on the "Emo Is Back Tour" which is headlined by Best Kept Secret.
How did the band form?
- The band formed up at SUNY Oneonta in 2011. Okan and I (Louie) were music students at the time. One day Okan found me eating Nachos in the cafeteria and came over to say Hey, since he loved nachos too. We've been in classes together as well but ever since the nachos, we started to hangout and play music together. One thing led to another and we got in the studio immediately that winter to write and record our first single.
How did you come up with the name?
- The name "This is All Now" was derived from a Taking Back Sunday song, actually, a Long Island band we both grew up listening to.
How does it feel to be involved with this tour? And do you know which dates you will be playing on the tour?
- It actually feels great to be involved with this tour. We're all very excited, we knew Brady from his previous endeavors in music, we also met Matt Skajem while promoting at 5SOS last summer so we're very excited to join Best Kept Secret on their debut headlining tour. We'll be performing on every date of the Emo Is Back Tour this Spring. We're most looking forward to performing in our home city of New York, in addition to getting back out to the West Coast to play for our fans we couldn't reach since 2014.
Who are some of the bands that inspired you to start playing?
- Some bands that inspired myself along with the other guys to start playing music definitely include All Time Low, Blink 182, and Fall Out Boy. All very big influences to our music and career.
Have you been on tour before? If so, what was it like? What were some of the more memorable shows?
- We've done quite a few tours since the band started performing. It's always such an adrenaline rush for us to perform on stage, it's easily our favorite part of being on the road. Some of our most memorable shows including playing the Famed Boston House Of Blues with Allstar Weekend, The Paramount opening up for Avril Lavigne and Fifth Harmony respectively, the All American Rejects, and Our local date of the Vans Warped Tour in 2012.
On Gilligan's Island, how did Ginger have so many different outfits available when they were only going on a three hour tour?
- I wish I knew more about Gilligan and his island, he always seemed so stoked even though he was marooned on an island!
Your last LP was in 2014, you've since released two EP's - are there plans for another album?
- Absolutely! We have plenty of new music in store, I think fans can expect a single or two before another record comes out though, we definitely want to broaden our horizons and spread This Is All Now to the masses.
What's your favorite venue to play?
My favorite venue to play locally has to be The Paramount in Huntington, NY. Such a great venue with a great vibe and extremely helpful stage crew. Nationally however my favorite venue is probably the many House of Blues venues around the country. Each one has a truly distinct vibe that puts musicians in great company. Very notorious venues.
What's on the door of your fridge?
- On the door of my fridge is a magnetic strip of bacon Okan got me actually!
The first set of dates for the "Emo is Back Tour" have been released and can be found in the "News" section of our page. With such an incredible lineup tickets are expected to go fast so grab yours now!